Dehydrating is very easy and very forgiving. even a novice can do a wonderful job without worrying about spoiled food.
But today we have wonderful ways of dealing with insects, sanitation, temperature control, etc.
I will be going over various types of equipment that will make your dehydrating experience more satisfying and enjoyable.
Types of Equipment You may Need:
- Sharp knife, preferably a chef’s knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Dehydrator – very basic, no need for anything fancy, but it does need the following:
- Storage minimums
- Zip freezer bags or jars
- Dark cabinet/box to store dried food
- Permanent marker to label food packages
Nice if you have the resources:
- mandolin slicer
- meat slicer
- zester or micro planer
- food processor
- food portion scoopers
- kitchen timer
- vacuum pack machine /bags
- oxygen packets
- 5 gallon buckets /containers for storing quantities of food
Be Sure to Check Our pages on specific equipment for instructions and tips: