These suggestions come from the
of Utah Cooperative Extension Service
- Different fruits can be blended together.
- Seasonings such as
- cinnamon can be added
- or powdered drink mixes or
- Flavored gelatin products.
- Season to taste, but remember it will be more concentrated when the water has been removed.
- Add undiluted, thawed frozen juice concentrates to add flavor.
- Sprinkle puree with
- shredded coconut
- chopped dates
- other dried chopped fruit
- miniature marshmallows
- chopped nuts
- chopped raisins
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- sunflower seeds
- Make a fruit leather, then lightly frost it with cream cheese. Roll it up and slice it for a pinwheel effect.
- Applesauce makes a convenient leather base to which other flavors may be added. One example is Christmas Leather. Grape juice, orange, and berry frozen concentrates are possible variations.