Here is an excerpt from that file:
Herbs can be combined for specific foods. Having premixed combinations on hand speeds cooking and helps assure consistent quality. Some combinations have special names. They can be added directly to the food or wrapped in cheesecloth and removed before serving. The following are suggested herb blends. (Assume equal parts unless specified.)
- Food/Term: Seasoning Blend
- Egg: Basil, dill weed (leaves), garlic, parsley.
- Fish: Basil, bay leaf (crumbled), French tarragon, lemon thyme, parsley, (options: fennel, sage, savory).
- Poultry: Lovage, 2 parts marjoram, 3 parts sage.
- Salad: Basil, lovage, parsley, French tarragon.
- Tomato sauce: 2 parts basil, bay leaf, marjoram, oregano, parsley (options: celery leaves, cloves).
- Vegetables: Basil, parsley, savory.
- Italian: Basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, savory, thyme.
- Barbecue: Cumin, garlic, hot pepper, oregano.