Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dehydrating Plum Tomatoes - Details

We bought 30 pounds of plum tomatoes recently.  I dehydrated the entire box!
30 lbs. dehydrated tomatoes, sliced, pureee, powdered


First, I blanched and peeled the tomatoes.  If you’re not sure how to do this, click on the key words on the left for detailed instructions.

I wanted to do something special with these tomatoes, so I made my slices thicker than usual.  I cut off each end and made two thick slices from the middle.





I racked part of them plain, then seasoned the rest with a sprinkling of garlic salt and basil.








Dehydrated plain slices














Dehydrated Garlic/Basil slices.
  • Both can be eaten as a snack or crunched into a salad.
  • Soak them to rehydrate and place on a baguette with a slice of mozzarella and broil in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment