Dehydrating leafy veggies is a snap. All you have to do is rinse or wash as usual. I use my salad spinner to get rid of the excess moisture before dehydrating.
Simply spread the leaves out on your racks and dry at a low setting. Generally, if I put them on in the morning, by the next morning they are done. It doesn’t take long to dehydrate leafy greens.
Before I dehydrated them, this tub was overflowing with Swiss chard.
I crunched them a bit to bag them.
What to do with dehydrated greens:
- Rehydrate in boiling water and serve as usual
- Crush them for salad sprinkles
- Crush and mix into instant soups
- Crush and mix into your favorite omelet recipe
- Kids don't like greens? Crush and sneak them into casseroles and other dishes