Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dehydrating Peaches Just Washed and Sliced



We bought a case of peaches from our Bountiful Basket order last week. They were rock-hard, so I had to let them sit and ripen for a while.  I decided to split the order and prepare them in two different ways. This firs batch I simply washed and sliced. 


Thick Sliced 

I sliced them fairly thick. Normally, I try to make things around ¼ inch thick, but I’ve found that some foods tend to end up like little wafers, so I decided to make these about as thick as my little finger.

I gave a light spritz of non-stick spray on the trays before racking them.  

Linda’s Note: Another thing you might want to remember to do is to turn the pieces over.  I found that about half way through the drying time (in this case early the next morning), if I turn the pieces of fruit over, they don’t stick so badly to the racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment