Cream of Mushroom / Chicken / Celery / Broccoli / Whatever
This recipe was posted by Frances Quinn in Dehydrating Way Beyond Jerky. Thanks so much,
As best as I can determine it was created by Janette Branham Nugent. Frances
I’ve played around with a lot of cream-of recipes, but never was satisfied. I never would have thought of using corn starch. This works really well.
- The fun thing is you can mix up your basic soup mix, then modify with a few simple ingredients for whatever kind of recipe you need.
- The recipe below makes the equivalent of 9 cans of soup.
- It only costs pennies to make and is absolutely delicious.
Ready in 6 minutes!
- Take 1/3 cup of the mix and combine it with 1 ¼ cups of cold water.
- Slowly heat it over medium heat until it thickens. It took about six minutes for mine to be ready.
Recipe Card for Cream of Soup:
- I mixed up a batch of this soup and we tested it on mushroom soup. This is one of the few things I would suggest putting in a jar on the shelf.
- I also plan on sealing batches in my vacuum bags. You can see the recipe card above. I make something like this and print it out to go in each bag. That way, in the event I want to share this with someone who is not familiar with using dehydrated foods, they will know what to do with it.